Based in Shanghai, your role as, Senior Transmission Hydraulic Systems Engineer, will involve leading and supporting the engineering team on a variety of projects. Current projects range in scope from dual clutch or automatic transmissions systems to large complex off highway systems.
For the right candidate this role has the potential to grow in responsibility to cover wider transmissions system engineering tasks including succession to team leader and/or chief engineer.
Day to day role will include:
• Lead definition of hydraulic control system,hydraulic circuit PDS and SSTS for overall system
• Lead designers to design 3D&2D of hydraulic system components such as hydraulic control module and interface with transmission
• Lead / support detailed analysis of designs
• Support system simulation through iterative process (using AMESim or similar)
• Lead test and development phase from DFMEA through to sign-off
• Work closely with mechanical design and controls engineers to resolve transmission system level and Vehicle level issues (related to hydraulic system).
• Strong interaction with customers and suppliers
• 6 to 10 years’ experience in Transmission design and development, with strong focus on hydraulic control system development
• In depth knowledge of the fundamentals of fluid power
• Strong understand the operating system and hydraulic system requirements for both on and off highway vehicles
• Strong experience in principles of hydraulic component design and function
• Knowledge of proportional and/or servo hydraulic systems & components
• Testing of hydraulic components in both the field and laboratory with the ability to understand and interpret the results
• Knowledge of the automotive CV & Pass-car transmission supply base
• Appreciation of electronic control system sand control principles which interface with the hydraulic systems
• Ability to support definition of transmission project (hydraulic system) work scope,problem resolution plans and project resourcing while appreciating commercial context
• Knowledge of DFMEA, Six Sigma and Problem Resolution tools including (Is/Is Not, 8D,Fish bone) Personal Attributes:
• Robust flexible character with strong self-drive and motivation.
• Aspiring leader, able to coach and lead project team members, customers and suppliers
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills across all levels including Team Leaders, Seniors and clients
• Well organized and focus on high quality project delivery
• Methodical approach to issue investigation and resolution
• Able to work under pressure and self-manage own time deadlines
• Culturally aware in diverse multicultural work environment
• Willingness to undertake project travel (within China and abroad) Qualifications:
• Master Degree in an applicable Engineering discipline
• Six Sigma Green Belt (desirable)